Review: Bananas are extremely popular and very inexpensive fruits that you can add to your daily diet. Therefore, they are a good way to help you obtain your daily fruit requirement. Most people should eat at least two or more cups of fruit on a daily basis. Did you know that eating one large bananas can take care of half of your daily fruit needs? It is recommended that you eat at least one banana two days or possibly three, each week.
Health Benefits Of Eating Bananas:
Bananas are very high in potassium. Potassium is a mineral that is very important in keeping your body fluids in balance, which will keep blood pressure levels that are healthy. But it should be noted that bananas also have other benefits as well.
Did you know that bananas can actually help protect your heart? This is because of the potassium and fiber, plus the fact that bananas are low in sodium. In addition, bananas are very high in vitamin B6. Your body requires vitamin B6 to produce red blood cells. Bananas also are high in dietary fiber. It has been shown that people who eat high fiber diets have a much better digestive tract and have less cardiovascular disease.
Review About Banana Nutrition Facts: When you read these or other banana nutrition facts, remember that they are actually estimated. The nutritional content of fruits, vegetables and other plant foods varies according to the soil content. Other factors affect the value, too. These estimates can be used as guidelines. But, knowing that many of the original measurements were taken by the USDA decades ago, it is likely that the nutritional value has gone down.
Banana Nutrition Facts Benefits:
The more farming that is done on a piece of land, the more depleted of nutrients the soil becomes. In recent studies conducted in Canada and later in the US, researchers found that the nutritional value of fruits and vegetables was much lower than originally estimated. This is one of the reasons that so many health experts recommend that a good multi-nutritional supplement should be taken on a daily basis. But, that’s enough about that. Let’s talk about bananas.
Bananas are particularly valuable to athletes, because of the potassium and electrolyte content. They can quickly replenish their potassium stores by eating one of them. It is often a better choice than an energy drink, because the drinks typically contain a lot of sodium. Bananas are sodium free.
The banana nutrition facts from the USDA indicate that the fruits are good sources of many of the B vitamins, which are also important for homeostasis and hydration. Some doctors suggest that high intake of folic acid and other B vitamins may reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood levels of homocysteine, which has been said to shred the arterial walls.
Other health benefits of bananas are the same as those associated with the consumption of other fruits and vegetables. People who eat more fruits and vegetables have a lower risk of colorectal cancer. There is reason to believe that eating bananas specifically may reduce the risk of breast and k
The followings are the information on Vitamins Found in bananas:
- Vitamin B6: In 225 grams of banana, there is 0.8 grams of Vitamin B6. The substance is powerful against infection. Vitamin B6 also improves body immune system.
- Carbohydrates: Compared to most fruits, banana has higher amount of carbohydrates. However, the fruit is easily metabolized and it can provide instant supply of energy. In 100 grams of banana, we can absorb 22.84 grams of carbohydrate, 2.6 grams of dietary fiber, and 12.23 grams of sugar. In some cases, diabetic people may need to avoid banana for faster results. Many times, they consume alternative fruit.
- Calcium: Calcium plays a very important role to anything related to our body formation especially bone and teeth. Moreover, brain’s neurotransmitter also requires good amount of calcium to function properly to deliver messages. Muscle contractions are as well taking some amount of calcium for optimum role. Inside 100 grams of banana, 5 mg of calcium is contained.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is superb antioxidants to provide protections against toxic and any other dangerous substance. It can also be our guards to prevent vitamin deficiency. Inside 100 grams of banana, there are almost 9 mg of vitamin C.
- Potassium: Potassium is an essential substance that is helpful for blood circulation thus reduces the risk factor of high blood pressure and the related diseases. In one medium-sized banana, there will be 467 mg of potassium in the least. It is one good reason why we should consume at least one banana in the breakfast.
- Other minerals include fluoride, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, and selenium.
- Other vitamins include folate, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, vitamin K, and Vitamin A.
Therefore, we can say that banana has been provided for use by the nature to keep or improve our body condition. Besides providing all those mentioned nutrients, the fruit also help fighting or preventing stomach ulcers and any related diseases. In some ways, bananas also prevent diarrhea.