Review About Nutritional Value of Bananas: Almost all fruits are considered as the best natural nutritious meals we can have everyday. The availability is limitless and the functions are best for metabolism. Banana is one of few fruits that are enjoyed almost by all people all around the world. Nutritional Value of Bananas Besides very tasty, the fruit also contains plenty of great nutrients for health benefits. Furthermore, banana is digestible easily.
The followings are the information on nutritional value of bananas:
- Vitamin B6: In 225 grams of banana, there is 0.8 grams of Vitamin B6. The substance is powerful against infection. Vitamin B6 also improves body immune system.
- Carbohydrates: Compared to most fruits, banana has higher amount of carbohydrates. However, the fruit is easily metabolized and it can provide instant supply of energy. In 100 grams of banana, we can absorb 22.84 grams of carbohydrate, 2.6 grams of dietary fiber, and 12.23 grams of sugar. In some cases, diabetic people may need to avoid banana for faster results. Many times, they consume alternative fruit.
- Calcium: Calcium plays a very important role to anything related to our body formation especially bone and teeth. Moreover, brain’s neurotransmitter also requires good amount of calcium to function properly to deliver messages. Muscle contractions are as well taking some amount of calcium for optimum role. Inside 100 grams of banana, 5 mg of calcium is contained.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is superb antioxidants to provide protections against toxic and any other dangerous substance. It can also be our guards to prevent vitamin deficiency. Inside 100 grams of banana, there are almost 9 mg of vitamin C.
- Potassium: Potassium is an essential substance that is helpful for blood circulation thus reduces the risk factor of high blood pressure and the related diseases. In one medium-sized banana, there will be 467 mg of potassium in the least. It is one good reason why we should consume at least one banana in the breakfast.
- Other minerals include fluoride, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper, zinc, and selenium.
- Other vitamins include folate, riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, vitamin K, and Vitamin A.
Therefore, we can say that banana has been provided for use by the nature to keep or improve our body condition. Besides providing all those mentioned nutrients, the fruit also help fighting or preventing stomach ulcers and any related diseases. In some ways, bananas also prevent diarrhea.
Archives of Ophthalmology have provided us good information about nutritional values of bananas and what the fruits can do to human body. In fact, banana does not only bring the nutrients to us, but the fruit also helps in absorption system. For your information, some vitamins and other nutrients are produced inside the body, but some others will only be available from another source such as meals. In this case, bananas improve the functions of the body to produce vitamins and enzymes. As a result, the absorption system of nutrients also gets better. It helps the body to function in its peak performance and keeps away many diseases.