The benefits and nutritional value of your smoothie depends on what you will be adding in it. If you want a highly nutritious snack with low-calorie and low-fat, then you might want to consider having a strawberry smoothie. Here are some of the benefits you will get from the ingredients found in your strawberry smoothie.
ONE-HALF CUP STRAWBERRIES
1. A strawberry is richer in vitamin C, compared to other citrus fruits. It is capable to provide as much as 149 percent of the daily value. Vitamin C is essential to the human body because it keeps us away from cough and colds, and a lot more diseases such as heart problems, cataract, and so on.
2. A good source of dietary fibers. A cup of strawberries has 13% of the RDA of the dietary fibers but only has 43 calories. These dietary fibers are good in keeping your digestive system working well and will also help you not to eat too much.
3. Antioxidant. Your strawberry is a great source of antioxidant. Phenol, a chemical compound found on it, increases the uric acid in our body, which serves as an antioxidant agent.
4. Anti-inflammatory. The phenol is also capable of helping your body get through different inflammations, such as asthma, osteoarthritis and atherosclerosis. Its capability in helping a person surpass inflammation is what ibuprofen and aspirin may also provide, but neglecting all the side effects it may provide you, too.
5. Bone health. Magnesium, potassium and vitamin K are responsible in providing stronger bones. These nutrients are found in strawberries, too.
ONE-FORTH CUP NATURAL YOGURTS
1. Yogurt helps the colon. It contains lacto bacteria, a type of good bacteria, which is responsible for reducing the conversion of bile into a carcinogenic bile acid. As long as there are lots of good bacteria inside your colon, diseases may be interrupted. Yogurt is also rich in calcium which is responsible for reducing the risk of colon cancer. It follows cancer-producing bile acids from forming around your colon wall.
2. Yogurt boosts the immune system. It has the capacity to maximize the production of interferon. It stimulates the white cells in the bloodstream which are capable of fighting different virus and bacteria found within your body.
3. Yogurt decreases the formation of yeast. A lot of women are experiencing yeast infection in their vagina. Having 8 ounces of yogurt regularly each day will help in diminishing yeast infection and may also help a person not to have such infection once again.
ONE-HALF CUP OF MILK
1. Milk provides calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein which are all responsible in providing well-developed bones. It gives your bones enough strength and helps on its growth, too.
2. Milk lowers down cardiovascular problems. There were studies that men and women who consume milk regularly have lower risk of heart attacks and high blood pressure. That is because it is capable of reducing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol in the blood.
3. Low fat milk reduces the risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes has been a huge problem of many. But then, taking enough amount of low fat milk on a daily basis decreases the chance of having type 2 diabetes diseases because of the presence of calcium and magnesium, and it has a low glycaemic index, which helps in reducing blood sugar.
These are but some of the benefits you might get from having a strawberry smoothie. You just have to make sure that you mix what is best for the body in order for you to receive all these wonderful benefits.
Using your trusted blender, just mix everything together and add some ice and experience how refreshing your strawberry smoothie is, especially during a hot sunny day.